Established in 1984 it was formed from the amalgamation of a number of localized firefighter associations across the state.
The CFSVA is established on legislation and has become a significant stakeholder within CFS, the SA Fire and Emergency Service Commission (SAFECOM) and the SA volunteer community.
The CFSVA represents the interest of CFS volunteer members through:
• Political advocacy on all levels
• Close liaison with the CFS Board and executive
• Participation on CFS and SAFECOM committees
• Nominating representative to the SAFECOM advisory board
• Close liaison with the SASES Volunteer Association and the United Firefighters Union (SA)
• Visiting CFSVA Branches and CFS groups and Brigades
• Active communication through CFSVA Branches to groups and Brigades.
The CFSVA works to move the association towards its desired vision, and through the work of CFS volunteers achieve a safer South Australia.
For more information go to http://www.cfsva.org.au/